Monday, April 04, 2016

reconnect

It's been 8 years since I last saw my Flickr friend, Maui Luna.

Over the years there have been lots of changes for both of us.

And it was nice that she wanted to meet up while she was in Japan.

We met at Shin-Osaka (the bullet train station in Osaka), and had a nice lunch.

After lunch we went in search of a park so her young son could run off some energy.

We were lucky to find a park that had cherry blossoms blooming.

The thing that I enjoy about this time of year is that you can find cherry trees blooming almost anywhere.

You don't need to make a special trip to a famous tourist site to enjoy them.

Maui Luna also gave me these omiyage from San Francisco, Hawaii and Japan.

It was a short visit but I'm glad I got to see her again and also to meet her son.

Thank you Maui Luna for a great day.

6 comments:

Julie said...

A nice day you had! Lots of sweet goodies you got too!!

K and S said...

it really was Jalna :)

indeed Julie :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I'm just guessing but the cherry trees in Japan are mostly the flowering type or also the fruiting (for consumption) type? I checked the FB page of our favorite pick-your-own fruit farm and they invited everyone to come down just to see the cherry trees flowering (all white flowers). btw, I found a weeping cherry tree at the nursery - 80€! - but was about 8 feet tall, too big for our place.

K and S said...

Rowena, yes, most are flowering types in Japan (someone said they are cloned??). Bummer about the weeping cherry.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I never would've guessed that they could be cloned - wow!

K and S said...

me too Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat