Monday, April 18, 2016

yamamoto

Saturday after Satoshi's German class, we had lunch at Yamamoto, a tiny yoshoku (western-style) shop.

When we arrived a customer was finishing up his lunch and then we had the whole place to ourselves.

Satoshi ordered the pork steak, a pork chop cooked with salt and pepper then topped with a pat of butter...800 yen (tax included).

Simple but delicious!

I went with the Yamamoto croquette...800 yen (tax included).

I loved how the owner/chef added a little corned beef to his croquettes...it reminded me of corned beef patties except that they were deep fried!

When I asked him about the corned beef, he was surprised that I knew about corned beef as many Japanese do not eat it or know about it.

I then told him that many people in Hawaii eat it and that I was actually a foreigner, he again was surprised.

His potato salad (in the tiny white dish) with the addition of tuna also reminded me of something I've had in Hawaii.

We want to try other items on the menu...we'll be back.

Yamamoto
7-7-29 Fukushima
Fukushima, Osaka
Phone: 06.6453.1369
Closed Sundays & Holidays
Lunch: 11:30-14:30, Dinner: 17:30-24:00

5 comments:

K said...

Looks great! And my namesake haha!

jalna said...

Deep fried corned beef patties sounds so good!

K and S said...

lol K!

super ono Jalna:)

Take care you two!
Kat

KirkK said...

Corned beef croquettes...delicious!

K and S said...

so good Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat