Friday, May 27, 2016

kaneko unagi

Yesterday, I walked twenty minutes to Sakurai intending to shop at Daiei.

I didn't realize (until I got there) they were renovating and were closed...boo!

This was the perfect chance to try Kaneko Unagi, a tiny shop that sells unagi kabayaki (grilled eel with a sweet-salty sauce).

While I appreciated that they only sell unagi raised/caught in Japan, they are pricey.

For the one unagi that I bought, it was 2470 yen (tax included), and that was the most inexpensive one...

Satoshi and I shared it for dinner.

It was good, the flesh of the unagi was very moist, the skin quite crispy.

I may be back, but not too often.

Kaneko Unagi
2-1-14 Sakurai
Minoo, Osaka
Phone: 072.721.4057
Closed Sundays
Hours: n/a

8 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Oh, that looks good Kat!

Rowena said...

I'm shocked by that price tag, but I bet you both savoured every.single.morsel as you ate your meal.

Thaaaaank you for the birthday postcard!

jalna said...

It's good to indulge once in awhile, and this unagi looks like it was worth it.

K and S said...

it was good Mich :)

you are welcome Rowena:)

indeed Jalna :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

KirkK said...

Sounds good, but not cheap, huh?

K and S said...

definitely not cheap, Kirk

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Mmm I love unagi!

K and S said...

it is Satoshi's fave, K!

Take care.
Kat