Thursday, June 09, 2016

in japan, summer means

peaches...so juicy and sweet! can't wait to start seeing these in the markets. The skins just peel right off because they are perfectly ripe.

corn...also super sweet!

watermelon...refreshing.

Summer also means we're eating foods like:
Ayun's Salad

Kim Chee Corn Fritters

Gapao

Minced Pork with Corn Miso Butter Sauce

Shoyu Butter Corn Yakionigiri

Refrigerator Oatmeal

We have also been eating lots of salads and foods that don't need a lot of prep or take a lot of time to cook so I don't need to stand near the stove for too long.

Growing up in Hawaii I didn't experience the different seasons, but now that I'm in Japan I look forward to the changes.

Of course I could do without the humidity in Japan, but without all the heat and humidity we wouldn't have all these delicious foods.

What are you enjoying this summer?

6 comments:

Rowena said...

we're waiting on the stone fruits too, and salads (large ones with all kinds of stuff mixed in) are what we eat at least 3 times a week.

R Y said...

I am sooooo jealous, especially of the peaches! I tried eating peaches a few times after moving back to the Canadian prairies, and they are horrible here! So I haven`t a peach in years :-(.

If I win the lottery, I`m going to time my visits to Japan to coincide with the appropriate times of my favourite foods!

KirkK said...

I'm trying to enjoy work this summer Kat....because other than maybe one short trip; that's all I'm going to be able to do! ;o)

jalna said...

Ooooh, the peaches look so good!!

K and S said...

we already have the a/c going Rowena...it is gonna be a scorcher!

yup RY, that is what you should do :)

oh no Kirk, at least one is better than none :)

so so good Jalna, but the humidity is so so bad :p

Take care everyone.
Kat

K and S said...

Thanks K!

Take care.
Kat