Tuesday, August 02, 2016

foodie saturday

I only have a couple more days left in Hawaii, so I am trying to squeeze some foodie adventures in...

Saturday, Wen and I went to Chocolate & Vanilla Bakery, so that I could try their macaron.

I got their mint chocolate...$2.04 (tax included). I enjoyed this. The mint wasn't overpowering.

Though I wished that the outer "shell" was mint and the filling was dark chocolate...

We then bought a Champion malasadas....$.85 (plus tax) each.

Still as good as ever.

(I couldn't believe a guy actually walked in, took a look at the glass case and menu, then walked out without even buying a malasada!)

And enjoyed it with a cold brew coffee from Starbucks...$3.61 (tax included).

We then walked around Ala Moana a bit then headed over to J.J.Dolans for pizza.

It had been about 4 years since my last visit. Their pizza is still delicious.

Bellies full, lots of talking, and lots of laughs...it was a great day.

Thanks Wen!

5 comments:

Rowena said...

awww...give us at least one more pic of Malia!

KirkK said...

Man, I'm missing malasadas now....

K and S said...

he he Rowena, she remembered what a krazy aunty I am and was camera shy the rest of the trip :(

hope you get some next time you are home Kirk!

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

Yum, everything looks great!

K and S said...

everything was delicious K!

Take care.
Kat