Friday, September 16, 2016

levain

After 46 years Yamazaki, the company that used to make Ritz crackers and Oreos in Japan, parted ways with Mondelez (Nabisco's head company)!

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the actress who normally advertises for Nabisco, was advertising a different product.

That's when I found out that Nabisco Japan products would not be made in Japan anymore.

I don't know about you, but I grew up with Ritz crackers...so many different comfort foods go well with it.

I also enjoyed the matcha oreos that the Japan factory used to make.

Since they parted ways, Yamazaki recently came out with a new brand called Levain.

Levain crackers are made in Japan, and in my opinion, taste pretty close to Ritz.

While I was bummed that Ritz and Oreos will not be made in Japan anymore, it is still being imported from its new areas of production (China, Malaysia and Indonesia), so you can still find it in the stores.

Still, I'm gonna keep an eye out for Levain and support local.

It's a 3-day weekend here, hope you have a great weekend too.

6 comments:

Rowena said...

makes me wonder where our Ritz and Oreos are produced, and I wish they would come out with a Ritz-flavored ice cream bar and/or cone!

jalna said...

It looks good, Kat.

K and S said...

ooh if I am able to find the levain crackers I will try putting some vanilla ice cream like ice cream sandwich, Rowena!

thanks Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

We saw these when we were in Japan and had wondered about them. Thanks for the info Kat!

K and S said...

you are welcome Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

really cute, K!

Take care.
Kat