Tuesday, January 10, 2017

portuguese sausage flavored spam

When I saw this on my last visit to Hawaii, I thought...hmm...

My brother said, "why not just bring back portuguese sausage"...true.

After trying the teriyaki version, I was leery about this one too...

Turns out it is meh!

I put some into goya champuru.

Portuguese-ish bean soup.

And just plain fried up for breakfast.

It doesn't have the right texture like portuguese sausage, nor the "punch" of spices that portuguese sausage has.

Oh well, we tried it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for trying! I always meant to try because thought it looked good. Now I know not to, LOL.
I do like the spicy one though, expecially in Spam musubi!
v

K and S said...

now I know V...

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

LOL! Thanks!

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - Never found anything other than the "original" Spam that does it for us.

K and S said...

Jalna, :)

I gotta remind myself this the next time I see these different flavors at the market, Kirk...

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

thanks for the heads up, but I guess you can't make something better than it already is. we ate our fill of spam when we were there - spam musubi so ono!

K and S said...

can't wait to go back to get my fill of portuguese sausage Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat