Tuesday, February 28, 2017

float lemon tea

I think I first heard about this tea from a television program.

Mitsuura Brewery makes several types.

Even one where the lemon is formed into a heart while it is growing, sliced and then dried.

That version is only available by lottery, so I was excited to come across this when we visited Miyajima.

We happened to check out a teeny knick knack shop and the tea caught my eye.

We got the ginger version.

After brewing the tea, place the dried lemon on top of the beverage.

The lemon stays afloat while you enjoy the tea.

The tea, lemon and ginger are all made in Japan.

You can even eat the dried lemon after you finish drinking the tea because it is organic.

Different but delicious.

I'm glad we got to try this and hope to order some other items from their online shop.

5 comments:

Rowena said...

I think it's also pretty!

jalna said...

I think I would like it!

Jo said...

that tea sounds really good , I love anything with ginger in it !!!

K and S said...

so delicious, Rowena :)

think you would too, Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

K and S said...

me too Jo, especially during the winter :)

Take care!
Kat