Friday, March 24, 2017

5-day roast pork butt

I tried this 5-day roast pork butt a couple of times now from a shop we have in the area called Co-Op.

I like how there aren't many ingredients involved...just pork, shoyu, sugar, mirin, honey, ginger, mizuame (rice malt syrup), thickener & oil.

(sorry, forgot to note that it takes 5 days to make when I first posted this)

Tastes like char siu without the food coloring.

They don't always have this, nor do I always shop here, but when I do go there, I try to pick it up.

It comes with a packet of sauce.

To eat it, I usually put some rice in a bowl, then I heat up the meat with some veggies, add an egg and then drizzle the sauce over everything.

Super comforting flavors.

What have you been enjoying lately?

5 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow Kat, that looks ono!

Rowena said...

ok Kat, help me out here because I can't figure out the 5-day name -- is it because it's marinated for 5 days or it's supposed to last 5 days?

jalna said...

The meat looks interesting, but it was the egg that made me go, "WOW!" LOL!!

KirkK said...

Looks great...everything is better with an egg on top!

K and S said...

it really was Mich :)

sorry Rowena, it takes about 5 days to make :)

lol Jalna :)

indeed Kirk :)

Take care everyone!
Kat