Thursday, June 29, 2017

seikanin

Recently we tried these cute kanten treats called Kyo-temari by Seikanin.

Kyo is short for Kyoto.

Temari are normally balls that are embroidered and used in games.

I have a picture of one made of candy.

The outside of the Kyo-temari is coated with sugar and the inside is a semi-firm jelly-like kanten.

It comes in 8 different flavors (lemon, grape, sakura, green ume, ramune, peach, apricot, strawberry) and unfortunately are only sold in sets of 9 (7 of the above flavors plus 2 lemon), nothing sold single.

The lady working at the counter said to chill it, but it doesn't really get cold.

Still I'm glad we tried this, it makes a nice gift.

Seikanin
In most department stores, I bought this from Umeda Daimaru

2 comments:

Rowena said...

and it would make a nice snack! I love jelly candies, especially the sugar-coated ones; the tiny ones are the most dangerous because I keep popping them in my mouth.

K and S said...

dangerous indeed Rowena :)

Take care!
Kat