Monday, September 25, 2017

tanaka tatsuya

I am not sure when I heard about Tanaka Tatsuya, but I enjoy his work.

He's a miniature photographer.

His works are so intricate and has some humor/play on words involved too.

Like his "shin-pan-sen" playing on the shinkansen (bullet train)...pan (pahn) is the French word for bread.

He used pink buttons to portray sakura (cherry blossom).

Surf's up on this wave of fried rice....if you can zoom up to about the middle of the photo you might be able to spot the surfer...too cool!

If you are in Osaka, the exhibit is being run at the Umeda Daimaru's Museum, 15th floor until October 2nd.

Admission is 800 yen for adults. Highschool kids 600 yen.

If you are interested, you can follow his miniature calendar and or his

Instagram.

I'm glad we got to see this exhibit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow thanks for this - I love mini-stuff. Wish I could go see it! -N

K and S said...

I hope you'll be able to see his exhibit one day soon, N!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

So fun to get to see in person!

KirkK said...

I love that shin-pan-sen. Really cute.

jalna said...

Kat, so funny . . . I was clicking on the arrow in Flickr to look at the next photo and next photo, and came to a huge mushroom in your hand. At first I was looking and looking to see where the miniature figure was hiding until I realized it was just a mushroom. Off topic but, I went to Gina's Korean food in Market City because I'd been wanting to go since you blogged about it. I totally looooove their banchan and they give LOTS yah! I go at least once a week now . . . after work . . . to pick up something for dinner.

K and S said...

it really was a fun experience LJ!

Kirk, so cute yeah?!

lol Jalna :) gina's banchan so plenty they give yeah?! at least it is all veggies though, I definitely gotta go back next summer!

Take care everyone.
Kat