Tuesday, October 17, 2017

nakamurasaki

Maeshika had purple sweet potato..whoo!

This variety is called Nakamurasaki which literally means "middle purple".

I couldn't remember how much it was, but think it was 270 yen (plus tax).

When cut the middle is more purplish than the outer edges.

When cooked though, the whole flesh turns dark purple (love!)

I made some sweet potato salad with half of the nakamurasaki and a kurisatsu that I steamed.

I mixed 1 teaspoon of curry powder with mayo then folded the potatoes in it.

Not the most aesthetic, but delicious!

With the other half of the nakamurasaki, I roasted it in the oven and then cut it up and put it into some tapioca coconut milk...mmm!

5 comments:

jalna said...

So pretty color!

K and S said...

it really was pretty and tasty too Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

loved the color, Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

gah! so jealous!!!

K and S said...

I hope to get my hands on more of these types Rowena!

Take care.
Kat