Friday, May 22, 2026

danshari

Lately we’ve been danshari-ing (purging)

We are lucky because in Japan there are a lot of places that will buy the purged things 

Not all places pay you a lot of money for the purged items but it is better than “just throwing it in the trash” or paying for seals so that the city will pick them up...

I recently took my beading stash in as well as some jewelry

We also found out they will also take our old smartphones, so I was trying to erase all our info from the phones

Since I forgot how to use the old models, I was glad that You Tube had tutorials on how to use them

Top photo: my very first iphone…3GS?! so teeny

And my second iphone 5S, this was teeny too

We still have a lot more stuff to purge but since the shop we go to only gives 30 minute appointments, we’ll just keep doing a little at a time

Hope you have a safe weekend

6 comments:

  1. I kinda miss those phones that neatly fit in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jalna, me too, but the screen is so teeny! no can see :p Take care! Kat

      Delete
  2. i wonder if they have something like this here. I have tons of beads, wires, tsuji, chains, etc. I was just going to donate to either Moillili Community or Goodwill but also keep thinking now that I'm retired, I have time to do this. Not! My eyes are so bad.
    v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my eyes are so bad too V, hopefully someone will be able to use the stuff I sold, hope you can find somewhere for your stash!Take care! Kat

      Delete
  3. Man, I still have my iPod and my first laptop.....I need to get rid of those things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, I hear some people are going back to their iPods...Take care! kat

      Delete

We appreciate your comments, we don't appreciate spam. All comments will be looked over. Hurtful, rude or ones that link to advertisements will be deleted.
Thanks for stopping by!