Thursday, May 28, 2026

shiitake butter & sauce

Thought I posted a recipe about this but can't find one here, so will write this post

I learned about this from an “eating the rainbow” cookbook in Japanese that I have

Take off the stems of the shiitake, then clean

in a heated non stick pan, put the shiitake in and cook on medium/low, turning every so often, until moisture starts to come out from the mushrooms

Then to each, add some butter, and a drizzle of your favorite worchestershire based sauce...like tonkatsu, okonomiyaki, yakisoba or takoyaki sauce

I am not sure how it will taste if you use straight worchestershire because the sauces I mentioned above are a little sweet

Anyway, not really a recipe, but it is easy 

You can also use it with other types of mushrooms

If you try this, I hope you like it

enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if can find nice sized fresh shiitake here and also wondering how it would taste in a sandwich, like a portabella burger. Looks so easy and ono.
    v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V, I had actually wanted to make a burger with these huge mushrooms, but decided to be lazy :) Take care! Kat

      Delete
  2. Nice sized shiitakes Kat! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, these were from friend Mayumi in her care package :) Take care! kat

      Delete

We appreciate your comments, we don't appreciate spam. All comments will be looked over. Hurtful, rude or ones that link to advertisements will be deleted.
Thanks for stopping by!