looked in one of my cookbooks and found a recipe for the sauce
I made 1/4 of the recipe (the recipe I am posting is the full recipe)
Kalbi from Wisteria Delights Cookbook
2.5 pounds short ribs, sliced thin
Sauce:
3/4 cup shoyu
1/4 cup sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed (or use one tsp prepared crushed garlic)
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup honey
3/4 cup shopped green onion
Mix sauce ingredients and marinate beef for one hour
Barbecue on grill but don't overcook kalbi
NOTES: Instead of throwing out the extra sauce (because I soaked the meat in it), I should have only used a little of the sauce to marinate the meat and then used some extra sauce to drizzle onto the rice
I like the flavor of this sauce, so will make some to have on hand in the refridge
Nice local kine recipe Kat! People here on the mainland don't understand the difference.....
ReplyDeleteThanks Kirk :) Take care! Kat
DeleteYou're so good to make your own sauce. Once i finish up the butadon sauce, i was planning to buy kalbi sauce and see if that was close enough to make butadon.
ReplyDeleteV
V, if I can make it myself I try to :) Take care! Kat
Delete