Friday, August 07, 2026

the local general store

Had an errand in Downtown and wasn't going to meet up with a friend until later in the day, so after my errand I got back on the bus and then got off in Kaimuki

Wanted to see this street art

And checked out The Local General Store to have a little something until I met up with my friend

I tried their everything twist: creamed leeks, herbs & cheddar schmear topped with everything seasoning (their menu says it is a “croissant - style with a bagel soul”) and their housemade mango ice tea (mostly mango puree!) love!

I'm glad they have seats inside, it was so blazing!

will definitely check them out again whenever I am nearby

The Local General Store

3458 Waialae Avenue

Honolulu, Hawaii

Closed: Tuesdays & Wednesdays

Hours: Bakery: 8:00-17:00, Butcher: 9:00-17:00

4 comments:

  1. I love it Kat! I grew up in Kaimuki and it has changed so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked around Kaimuki the other week and really wanted to try the local general store and pipeline but was so hot, didn't feel like eating anything. didn't have a bag to carry out for later too. Dang. I have to get back there because I have a gift certificate for the local boys next door...LOL was too hot to go inside in case I wanted to try something on. so sweaty.
    v
    v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V, hope you get back to Kaimuki :) Take care! Kat

      Delete

We appreciate your comments, we don't appreciate spam. All comments will be looked over. Hurtful, rude or ones that link to advertisements will be deleted.
Thanks for stopping by!