Wednesday, July 15, 2026

1st world problems

so Iʻve been flying with JAL for many years now

Nowadays to book they require that your name be exactly as it is on your passport

I was trying to book my flights for my summer vacation

And it wouldn’t let me enter my middle name

So after sending an online revision form, I called the ticketing center

And after waiting on the phone line for quite some time was told I needed to speak with the office that does the changes to accounts

So I got a different phone number and called

The person on the other side entered all my data and told me to wait 1 hour before trying to book my flights

After an hour, I logged in and guess what my first name and middle name were stuck next to each other…sigh

and the area for my middle name was STILL inaccessible 

So I just went ahead and booked my flights because I didn’t want to call them 

I'm flying out today, hopefully everything will be okay

3 comments:

KirkK said...

Hope everything works out Kat!

April G. said...

That's how my name is with ANA. Annoying, but it works. Have a smooth and safe flight!

vickinags said...

that is the same with ANA. they put first and middle name together and when using their site, you have to enter it that way otherwise, who are you!!!
weird too because if name and passport have to match, your ticket and passport don't match because of that.
v