▼

Thursday, September 24, 2026

namara masara

Reconnected with Namara Masara.

We tried them during the pandemic, then they went out of business, not sure exactly when

And while I was walking around the neighborhood recently, I noticed they were now operating from a house.

So, Satoshi and I went to check them out

They share a space with a beauty salon 

This time around the owner explained what this spicy condiment was.

Satoshi said it wasn't too spicy and enjoyed the flavor of the katsuobushi that was also used

Satoshi didn't remember that he had tried their salmon ikura curry during the pandemic.

Lucky we have this blog to remember what we tried.

This time around he tried the pork nankotsu (cartilage) curry, he said he enjoyed this...1190 yen (tax included)

Kat tried the no water chicken curry, this is cooked with just veggies, spices and chicken and uses the liquid from the veggies....1145 yen (tax included)

Delicious

We're glad we reconnected with this shop and look forward to trying their keema curry...we'll be back

Namara Masara
1-14-7 Higashiyaguchi
Ota, Tokyo
Open daily: 11:00-22:00

8 comments:

  1. another person mentioning cartilage! man i better go try this dish if i can even find it in hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to try some cartilage Jenny! maybe yakitori?! Take care! Kat

      Delete
  2. Our blogs come in handy for jogging the memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jalna, so grateful to have it! Take care! Kat

      Delete
  3. LOL, at first, I read this as namara mascara so when I saw pictures of curry, re-read the title.
    v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nankotsu Curry sounds ono Kat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, Satoshi enjoyed this :) take care! Kat

      Delete

We appreciate your comments, we don't appreciate spam. All comments will be looked over. Hurtful, rude or ones that link to advertisements will be deleted.
Thanks for stopping by!