Monday, September 14, 2026

oimachi tracks

After breakfast at Mr Hippo Coffee, we wanted to go to the DIY store but they didn't open for another hour or so, so instead of going home to wait, we walked around the neighborhood

And stopped to check on the sumotori (Japanese wrestlers) of Onoue Stable (photo by hubs)

They seemed to have more people training than in the past

After returning from the DIY store, the work on the road in front of our apartment had begun, so it was quite noisy

I checked the memo that they had given us and their work was supposed to continue until 18:00!

So we decided to get out of the house

And checked out Oimachi Tracks, which I think opened earlier this year. 

After walking the many floors to see what types of restaurants there were, we decided on Togoshiya

Their main shop is in Togoshi-Ginza and their onigiri is similar to Bongo's

I ordered the tuna mayo takuan and a tenmusu (tempura musubi)...840 yen (tax included)

They made a mistake and gave me a tuna mayo shio kombu takuan onigiri, still, this was delicious

Loved how crisp the tempura shrimp was in the tenmusu 

Satoshi ordered the 2 onigiri set 1580 yen (tax included) he tried their monthly special which was a shirasu wakame mentaiko oroshi and the other onigiri he tried was the nozawana wasabi konbu

His set also came with karaage, tamagoyaki, kinpira and miso soup

He enjoyed these, though he said he probably could've ordered the komusubi (smaller) versions

Satoshi also gave me a piece of his karaage (since it was cut into 4 pieces) and the outside was so crunchy and the chicken so moist!

Afterwards we walked around to check out the various areas of the complex

There is a park
a huge Starbucks at one end of the park
Before catching the bus back home, we decided to have some coffee at Woodberry Coffee

Loved all the interesting plants they had
Satoshi ordered the raspberry, coconut water with espresso cold foam...850 yen (tax included)

After his first sip, he said it tasted like mayo...eew!

But after mixing it better, he said he enjoyed it...I tried a sip but it was kinda weird tasting

I am kinda thinking that I really don't care for coconut water because when I tried something with coconut water in it before, I didn't really like it

I ordered their kokuto (black sugar) coffee jelly (gelatin) latte with soy milk...900 yen (tax included)

This was delicious

I let Satoshi taste this and he said my drink was better

can I just say that QR code ordering is the pits! especially when you don't have wifi...at least this shop had wifi...Togoshiya did not
 
Oimachi Tracks is named after the JR railways (I think) when I first heard the name, I thought it might be named after the horse racing tracks that are also nearby
We are glad we checked out this place and have more places we'd like to have meals at
we'll be back
These guys did not finish until 19:00!

I was amazed that the grandpa across the street stayed at home, I would've taken my car and gone somewhere...

Togoshiya
Oimachi Tracks 2F
Shinagawa, Tokyo
Hours: 8:00-22:30 (weekdays), 9:00-22:30 (weekends & holidays)

Woodberry Coffee
Oimachi Tracks 3F
Shinagawa, Tokyo
Hours: 8:00-21:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments, we don't appreciate spam. All comments will be looked over. Hurtful, rude or ones that link to advertisements will be deleted.
Thanks for stopping by!