Tuesday, April 11, 2006

new...


I got some new household cleaning items, which I recently read about on Treehugger. This company doesn't use a lot of chemicals to create their products, just water along with essential oils. I checked out the Mrs Meyer's Clean Day website and they have all kinds of products. Their products come in 3 fragrances: lavender, lemon verbena and geranium. I checked out their store locator and found out that they were selling their products at Foodland in Market City on Oahu, but it turned out to be old information... I happened to be walking through Ala Moana Shopping Center and came across them at a kitchen gadget store called, the Complete Kitchen...but they were selling these products for twice the price on the web!

I checked back on the site and found out that the info was changed to the S. Beretania store, so, I called and put some products on hold...I got the ironing spray and dish soap all were $6.49 each, can't wait to try these out!

Here's my new gadget...a pastry brush made by Pyrex (and I thought they only made glassware...) Can you believe that they have a 25 year warranty on their products? I don't think this brush will last that long...

One thing that is different about Japan and Hawaii are the food portions. I went out for lunch with my grandma yesterday. We went to a restaurant called Tadashi. (I think it opened about a year ago?) It is in the Pearl Kai Shopping Center. This shopping center is right across the street from Pearlridge Shopping Center. I had the teriyaki chicken teishoku (complete meal) and my grandma had their butterfish teishoku. Her fish was SO big! And look how much chicken I had...could have fed 2 people with that amount! And we ate it ALL...

After lunch, we went to meet my aunties to see an exhibit being held at the Convention center. The Convention center opened about 5 years ago. Isn't the architecture neat? Palm tree pillars. The Maitreya Project is a non-profit organization which is bringing the relics of buddhist priest all around the country. When some of these priests passed away, they were cremated and in their ashes, these tiny white bead-like stones were found. When the Buddha was cremated red bead-like stones were found. It was a very interesting and sacred exhibit.

This is my new friend, Debi (I'm only showing you part of her face for privacy purposes...) We met through blogging. She also lives in Hawaii and emailed me to get together for coffee. Since we didn't know much about each other or what the other looked like, the idea was a bit off the wall, but I'm glad we were able to meet. She is a very nice person and we were able to chat about all kinds of things! I'm glad I was able to make a new friend.

Hope you have a great week!

Tadashi
Pearl Kai Shopping Center
98-199 Kamehameha Hwy. Suite C-5
Aiea, Hawaii 96701
Phone: 808-485-8535
Lunch: 11:00-14:30
Dinner: 17:00-21:30

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool you met someone from the internet. Three of my good foreign friends here, I also met via the net. Actually, if you are interested in making yet another new friend via net, let me know--I think I will be coming to Honolulu in two weeks! :)

K and S said...

Hi tm,

How long will you be in Hawaii?

Kat

Anonymous said...

Not very long I'm afraid, about 1 week.

Journal Actif said...

Hi K&S,
You seem to have loads of fun. Enjoy your stay.

K and S said...

Hi tm,

I'm not too sure about my schedule...maybe as the day gets closer we can check again?

Hi Zoubida,

I'm enjoying myself...buying LOTS of COOKING things. ;)

Hope you are both having a great week!

Kat

Anonymous said...

Thanks! It would be great just to meet you but I understand if it's not possible, no worries! :) I will email you at the email listed on this blog with more details,--for privacy's sake. :)

And I can't tell you how often I go into Complete Kitchen when I'm at the Ala Moana, and drool over all sorts of gadgets like silpats (non-stick oven sheet), herb choppers, cookie cutters, and all sorts of other doo-dads, lol! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time! By the way, with the pastry brush, the instructor in my baking course says a good one should last a lifetime ... so there you go!

K and S said...

Hi Ivonne,

Okay, well that justifies it, right? :) Will definitely try it out when I get back.

Take care.

Kat