Saturday, June 02, 2007

hana shobu

We have a park nearby called Suigetsu Park which we have visited in the Spring and Summer and I have posted about before. Spring showcases the ume and momo (plum and peach )trees. As Spring turns to Summer, you can see the fruits begin to ripen on the trees.

The beginning of Summer also brings the hana shobu, a type of iris.

I love the these fragile flowers.

The beginning of Summer also brings Satoshi's birthday. This year he has to work on his birthday. I bought us some dessert from a shop in our arcade called Mior. I bought a Chocolat for Satoshi and Tiramisu for myself.

Here's the birthday boy, he looks a bit run down since he's been working late and also been going drinking with friends and co-workers.

4 comments:

Jann said...

The flowers are beauttful~Don't you love what summer brings from the gardens? Oh, and the birthday boys looks pretty good, too-

K and S said...

Thanks Jann! I love summer but hate the humidity that comes with it.

Take care.
Kat

nordwolke said...

This type of iris looks funny because the center is so small and the outer petals are so long and large. Interesting!!!

K and S said...

I'm amazed at all the different types of iris here too, Beadexplorer!

Thanks for stopping by.
Take care.
Kat