Tuesday, June 26, 2007

naan taco

Awhile back, I posted about MOS burger and how they serve a naan taco during the summer. Well, Friday was the start of naan taco on their menu.

In Japanese, they call this dish "naan tacosu", I think it is because if they called it "taco" they would get people confused into thinking that there is tako(octopus (same pronunciation)) on it. Plus, the Japanese have a hard time pronouncing things, I think this is due to the katakana phrasing of words, they can't pronounce "boot", it will always come out "boots", "salad" will always come out "salada".

Anyway, since I had a lesson in Ikeda this morning, I walked to MOS burger for lunch on the way home.

This year, they came up with 3 types of naan taco. Cheddar cheese sauce naan taco--with "real" fake cheese (This is the original one and the one that I had). A spicy sauce naan taco--with a habanero & jalapeno sauce. And mole sauce naan taco--with a sweet sauce made from chutney, chocolate & cocoa.

The only part of the naan taco that I don't like are the chips on top, they tend to be stale. So now that I've had my naan taco for the year, I think I'm ready for the heat of summer ahead.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tacosu...that is too cute! Yeah, I could see myself thinking it was octopus something or other!

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Awww, the naan tacosu looks pretty tasty, how is it constructed? The bread looks too thick to be a piece of naan bread?

Anonymous said...

LOL I guess you see something new everyday. The idea of naan taco did make me giggle, I can imagine it working though.

I thought I should *drop by* it has been a while.. sorry about that!

K and S said...

Long time no see Clare! Hope to see you around more often.

Ellie, it is the naan, a curry made with ground beef, tomatoes, lettuce and then the cheddar cheese sauce. Unfortunatly, this is the kind of naan that is pre-made in Japan--kind of thick and chewy.

Take care you two.
Kat

ilingc said...

I LOVE mos burger, it would have to be my favourite burger chain in the world. I wish they have one in Melbourne. It's one of the few things I look forward to when I go Singapore

Naan tacosu sounds ingenious, except for the thick bread and super yellow cheddar cheese sauce. Maybe you should show them how it should be done Kat :D

K and S said...

I didn't realize they had one in Singapore, Ilingc. I hope to re-create naan tacosu soon.

Take care.
Kat