Wednesday, February 06, 2008

chocolate finds

I wanted to share with you some of the chocolatey goodies that I've picked up so far...

There is Green & Black's Maya Gold Organic Hot Chocolate Drink. I've tried the bar, so I think the drink may taste just like it. Found this one at Down to Earth.

Malie Kai's tropical fruit and nut chocolates. Heard about this from Leigh's site. I was a bit disappointed with this one, the dark percentage seems to be a little lower than what I'm used to and the nuts and fruits are very sparse. I found this one at Executive Chef.

The Original Hawaiian Chocolate Factory's (OHC) chocolate is my kind of chocolate with a little acidity and nice snap. As their motto on the box says, "Chocolate is Aloha!"

I also picked up some Vosges bars along with the OHC from Honolulu Chocolate Company. The Mo's Bacon Bar was talked about here and here and I wanted to try it for myself. I hope it is good.

And last but not least, I purchased some issues of Cocoaroma magazine. If you love chocolate and love to read about it too, then this magazine maybe for you. My friend, Michael Mischer is featured in the latest issue too. (way to go!)

Are you all chocolated out? Not me, if I find more, I'll be sure to share.

16 comments:

Barbara said...

I haven't visite din a week because I'v ebeen busy unpacking. Are you in Hawaii or still cleaning out your pictures? I do my washing up in a certain order too and stacke everything neatly.

K and S said...

Hi Barbara,
I'm so glad to hear that you received everything from your move, safely. I am in Hawaii now and will be here for awhile. Looking forward to see you baking in your kitchen soon.

Take care.
Kat

2kamuela47 said...

Wow! I can't believe all the different kinds of chocolate out there. Glad you are enjoying your stay. Hopefully the weather will be great for the Pro Bowl. Are you going? I haven't gone for years, but I always had fun at each game. BTW, the players are staying at Ihilani and practicing at Kapolei High School.

K and S said...

Thanks Laura, no, I don't think I will be going to the Pro Bowl. The last time I went was in high school and we were marching in the pre-game and half time shows...many many moons ago.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

My, my! Someone's going to have a delicious time with this chocolate. ;-)

Paz

Anonymous said...

coming to your blog sometimes can be dangerous! now i crave lots and lots of chocolate.

Martin J Frid said...

Hope it is warmer in Hawaii than here, today it snowed again.

What a great variety of chocolate. I'm curious if they sell organic or fair trade -labelled stuff too over there!

Rowena said...

If some of these are meant to be omiyage for when you go back to Japan, then the recipient(s) will be very lucky people!

Amazing to see how many fine chocolates you can get from Hawaii. More! More! More!

Anonymous said...

I would love to try the Maya Gold chocolate drink! Another similar South American based chocolate is the Aztec Bars, these are dark chocolate with hot pepper mixed in. They sound a little different, but they are oh so good!

K and S said...

Thank you Paz, it will delicious indeed!

Haha, Bourgogne! Someone asked me if this blog was fattening too.

It is warmer, Martin, but we still have rains and some flooding too. There are some fair trade and organics here, but not too much.

If I find more, I'll be sure to share, Rowena!

I've never heard of the Aztec bars, teeth whitening! Sounds wonderful!

Take care everyone!
Kat

nordwolke said...

Oh wow! There is a chocolate magazine??? That's cool! I did not know something like this existed!

K and S said...

I actually heard about this magazine from my friend's wife, Beadexplorer. You should see if you can get it where you are.

Take care.
Kat

nordwolke said...

I will surely be on the look-out for it!

K and S said...

I hope you can get them, Nina!

Take care.
Kat

Jann said...

Looks as though you were having several chocolate attacks! You found some great looking ones,however!

K and S said...

Many chocolate attacks, Jann!

Take care.
Kat