Thursday, March 18, 2010

the blob

I had copied a recipe for these dried cherry scones by A.B. from a cookbook that my mom had.

I cut the recipe in half because I only wanted to use 1 egg, but some how the dough was really, REALLY watery.

I used vanilla sugar and subbed milk for cream but didn't figure that the milk would make the dough THAT watery...

I guess I could have added more flour or something to get it thick enough to roll out, but had a feeling that the amount of flour I would've needed to add would've have been the original recipe amount.

Anyway, since I didn't add any extra flour, I baked it as a blob...I cut it into 8 pieces after it was baked...it tasted good, the vanilla sugar added a LOT of flavor, though it was more like a buttery biscuit (moist) than a scone (dry), meh, I don't think I would make this again!

8 comments:

Rowena said...

I gotta say that your blob is much prettier than the Blob in the movie! A pity that it didn't work out but it must've been nice with a cup of tea?

K and S said...

I was okay Rowena, I was supposed to get 4 scones from this recipe, because it blobbed I got 8 :0

Take care.
Kat

Dennis K. said...

That's one tasty looking blob!

K and S said...

Thanks Dennis :) bring your cup of coffee and I'll save you one!

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I'm liking your blob! Love the combo of cherry and vanilla. ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Debinhawaii, been loving your "raw" sweets of late :)

Take care.
Kat

polittikus said...

Try this, portuguesas way:
Ingredients:
450 flour g with I leaven 50 maisena flour g 1dl of milk 50 sugar g 30 margarina g 2 eggs 1 spoon of tea of I leaven salt Preparation: It bolts the flour with the maisena flour and I leaven with it for an earthen bowl and I open a socket to the center. It melts the margarina in milk, joins the sugar, the eggs desfeitos and pitada of salt, moves everything very well and lies down this mixture in the earthen bowl. It moves with a wood spoon until the mass to be well on. Polvilhe a tray of flour, mold small balls with the hands, previously passed for flour and has led to cook in average oven during 20 minutes.

K and S said...

Thank you for the recipe Polittikus, I don't understand it too well, but hope to give it a try.

Take care.
Kat