Sunday, October 04, 2026

kaki kimchee

while scrolling I came upon this 

kaki kimchee

For 2 kaki (persimmon) :  @ginahomecook

1 tablespoon salted shrimp (strain shrimp and use only liquid)

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon gochugaru

1/2 tablespoon shoyu

a little less than 1/2 tablespoon maesil (green plum syrup)

Just peel your kaki 

Cut into 8 slices

Toss everything together

Plate and sprinkle sesame seeds

NOTES: I totally cheated and used the Momoya Kimchee no moto (kimchee base)

I also only made 1 kaki because I wasn't too sure how it would taste

I used 1 teaspoon of the kimchee no moto and a little sesame oil

Coated the kaki with the “sauce”

And sprinkled some sesame seeds

I enjoyed this, it was crunchy, sweet, spicy and salty...so delicious

per the creator: eat it right away or it will get watery

have tried apple with kimchee in the past, but am tempted to try other fruits now

8 comments:

jalna said...

Sooo interesting!!

Anonymous said...

what kills me is that you have salted shrimp and maesil on hand, LOL
v

K and S said...

different but ono Jalna :) Take care! kat

K and S said...

V, I did not have the salted shrimp nor the maesil on hand which is why I used the momoya :) Take care! Kat

Anonymous said...

I saw kaki at Donki and it was $3.78/# or something like that. They looked pretty green so I should have bought a couple to try...probably really crunchy.
I found mountain apple flowers on my tree this weekend. Really late for season but I'm hoping I can pick some because I saw that you can use them like pickle mango and thought I had to wait for next year.
v

KirkK said...

Interesting....so it's not too sweet Kat?

K and S said...

pickled mango with mountain apple sounds ono V, I saw someone with pickled lychee, which sounded ono too. Take care, Kat

K and S said...

only sweetness is from the fruit Kirk :) Take care, Kat