Tuesday, August 22, 2006

recently eaten

There are just not enough days to post all my foodie experiences....

Meiji's horoniga series. Horoniga means slightly bitter.

Usumaki (a thin crepe like cookie covering an almond then covered in bitter chocolate).

Kinokonoyama (literally mountain mushrooms, the cap is a bitter chocolate and the bottom a crispy chocolaty pretzel.

Taneya's Go-ro, a gelatin-type dessert, that kind of look like noodles.

There are these cute directions to show you how to get it into your bowl.



It comes out into the bowl like this and tastes great on a summery day. A lot of Japanese sweets are seasonal, so be careful when travelling to Japan, you may not be able to get the sweets that you want.

Cemoi's Biologique, a 60% cacao with orange flavoring and 60% cacao with quinoa. I like the quinoa one better. The orange one seemed kind of fake in flavor and the quinoa one was quite crunchy.

Dagoba's Conacado and Xocolatl. The Conacado was a forest grown organic 73% cacao from the Conacado Cooperative in the Dominican Republic and fair trade certified. This one was nice and had a smoky flavor. The Xocolatl was a 74% caco with chilies and nibs. The nibs gave it a nice crunch and the chilies a nice kick!

Lastly, Maxim's de Paris' Les Fines Dentelles, a thin crepe-like cookie covered with dark chocolate. This one was found at an import shop at half price! There are 24 individually wrapped packages with 2 cookies in it. Unfortunately, the heat got the best of it and melded the two cookies in each package together, still, it was delicious!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ,

I love the Taneya desert too!
My fav is ume flavour. ZIts so refreshing esp during hot summer days.

K and S said...

Hi Miso,
It was the first time for me to try this dessert. I like ume flavor the best too. The black sugar flavor was a bit too sweet for me.
Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi,
same here..i didnt like the black sugar one coz i find it too thick.
My husband loved it though..
He drank all the syrup..

K and S said...

eww, he drank the syrup? I just ate the gelatin and threw out the syrup, too sweet and too thick for me too.

Anonymous said...

Yum! A post dedicated to sweeties! I've had dagoba chocolates before, and they're fantastic :D I think those little chocolate and pretzel mushrooms are my favourite though - how utterly cute!

K and S said...

Hi Ellie,
The mushroom candy is cute and even better since they came out with the dark chocolate version. Now that my a/c is fixed, maybe I'll try that recipe of yours :)
Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I don't think I know anyone who eats as well as you do! I loved it all!

K and S said...

Thanks Ivonne, you eat well too :)
Kat