Saturday, June 21, 2008

bacon + dark chocolate

Actually I had this post in draft mode for awhile. Better late than never posting it.

After trying this bar, I was determined to try making a dark version.

With one piece of bacon, I made two mediants--just melted some 60% dark chocolate chips, sprinkled the bacon and then poured the melted chocolate onto parchment paper, then let it chill.

I think I need to tweak it a bit more, needs more saltiness.

Still a great combination though and my version had more bacon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a tasty snack kat!

K and S said...

both were gone in a total of 4 bites, Lori :)

Take care.
Kat

jasmine said...

Hmm...I've just been able to get my candied bacon the way I like it and now I see this...

I think it will be on my list of things to experiment with...

j

Deb in Hawaii said...

I like the Mo's Bacon Bar but their Barcelona is my favorite for the salty/sweet fix. Your mediants look great! Maybe extra sea salt sprinkled on would help up the saltiness.

K and S said...

ooh, candied bacon, never had that before, will have to try making that. will be awaiting your experiments with chocolate, Jasmine :)

Thanks for the idea, DebinHawaii, that sounds like a great way to up the saltiness :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Tamakikat said...

Now that is outside the box!
Interesting idea.
TK

2kamuela47 said...

looks awesome! Have a great weekend!

K and S said...

Thanks Tamakikat :)

Thanks Laura :)

Take care you two.
Kat