Tuesday, June 24, 2008

carrot cupcakes

Last year we had some of Satoshi's staff over. Since he has a large department, we broke the group down to about 10 per gathering.

Sunday, we had some of Satoshi's staff over for lunch. I made Spicy Poke, Taco Dip, Szechuan salt & pepper shrimp and Kim chee gyoza, but we ran out of food!

For dessert, I also made carrot cupcakes using a Food Network recipe, I'll have to tweak the baking time though, the cupcakes came out quite dry.

I guess for the next party in two weeks, I need to add another dish or two.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi kat, Just a thought...maybe you could stretch the meal by making the poke into a salad and maybe top it with fried won ton pi wrappers that could also be used in the dip ? Instead of doing more dishes just pump up the poke ;)

alohas

K and S said...

Thanks Shar, will look into stretching the meal :)

Take care.
Kat

bourgogne said...

lunch sounded delish. it was probably so good that people ate more than they really should have so you ran out of food. i suppose that's better than ppl not eating the food, you know ;-)

K and S said...

You are right, Bourgogne, I would have been sad if they hadn't eaten much.

Take care.
Kat

Pandabonium said...

Sounds ono. I haven't had carrot cake in ages. I'll have to have a go at that recipe.

K and S said...

I'll share the recipe after I get the baking time fixed, PB :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

That's so cool to be able to have people over, even if it's a sort of staff gathering. I miss cooking for a crowd -- it's my opportunity to have a bunch of "guinea pigs" in the house! :lol:

Thistlemoon said...

Look at those beautiful flowers and delicious cake! Sounds like a nice lunch!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an ono menu. Those folks sure are lucky!

K and S said...

I usually try stuff out on Satoshi first then serve them at parties, Rowena, but I like your way too :)

Thanks Jenndz, it was a loud chatty Sunday!

Thanks Lori :)

Take care everyone.
kat