Tuesday, May 24, 2011

deliziefollie

Man, Saturday was hot and humid! perfect weather for gelato.

Satoshi and I checked out the newly opened Deliziefollie in NU Chayamachi Plus before his German class.

Apparently, this is a French company and the name supposedly means "crazy delights". They have 2 shops in Paris and 10 in Japan...

They have 4 serving styles: medio (3 flavors), grande (4 flavors) in cups. And the same on cones.

We both chose the medio in a cup...550 yen (about US$5.50) each.

Satoshi chose Cubano (rum & dark chocolate), Nocciola (made from Piedmont hazelnuts) and Arancia Rossa (blood orange).

I chose Fruitti Rossi (raspberry, cassis & strawberry), Pistacchio di Bronte (made from Bronte pistachios) and Stracciatella (milk gelato with chocolate chips)....650 yen (about US$6.50)

Mine was a 100 yen more because pistachio is a premium flavor...ahem!

Oh My! if you are going to eat gelato make sure you eat gelato here.

All the flavors are spot on. The fruit ones were really refreshing and the cream type ones were creamy and flavorful, not artificial tasting.

Though the one with rum was a bit overpowering with the alcohol and Satoshi was warned when he ordered.

Definitely going back here.

Deliziefollie (UPDATE: as of 10/2013 this shop is now closed)
Nu Chayamachi Plus 2F
8-6 Chayamachi
Kita, Osaka
Phone: 06.6485.7123
Open 11:00-21:00

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am baking in Egypt and that looks so nice and cool.

K said...

Yum, love gelato- all of the flavors look delicious!

K and S said...

Thanks Anon, stay hydrated!

Thanks K, these were really good!

Take care you two.
Kat

Japan Australia said...

Can't beat a good gelato on a warms summers day!!

Japan Australia

Christina Kim said...

Gelato, I remember having an overdose of them when we were in Europe, it's crazy!!:p And I am not even a fan, to begin with, but there just so much raves about the best gelato here and there..LOL:D

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Oh yummy! I love gelato more than ice cream. Nice pick of flavors!

Rowena said...

So funny...2 shops in Paris and 10 in Japan...and they weren't out of any flavor. Makes me go grrrr that our fave brewpub/pizza joint was already out of Hitachino Nest beer as a new list item (have you tried it?), because to find japanese anything here is like gold to me. I so wanted to try the IPA!

K and S said...

definitely J-A!

I guess it is like seeing a lot of frozen yogurt places in the States, Christy.

Thanks Nami :)

No, I haven't tried that beer Rowena, but am waiting to see it in stores around my area because shipping is so high, hope you get to try the IPA :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

OzBurger said...

Considering how popular this blog is, you really should consider asking these businesses if they will give you a discount or freebie in return for a review.

Oh, and could you put the comments into the page instead of a popup? Please?

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - This looks delici-yoso!!!

K and S said...

Changed the comment format, I think this is what you meant Contamination??

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

OK, I am drooling right now. I love gelato and Stracciatella is my all-time favorite. ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Deb in Hawaii, stracciatella is good, can see why it is your fave :)

Take care!
Kat

manju said...

You're killing me... no decent gelato around here, even in downtown DC... aaaack, please send some our way!!

K and S said...

oh no Manju! hope you get some gelato soon :)

Take care.
Kat