Thursday, July 28, 2016

hawaiian pie company

Hawaiian Pie Company is a tiny shop located at the corner of Waiakamilo and Colburn in Kalihi.

Apparently they are related to Holy Bakery Manoa & Big Island.

My brother and I recently tried their Mini Caramel Apple Pie...$6 plus tax.

I halved my half and tried one half cold, straight out of the refrig and one half heated up.

When I worked at Lion Coffee, my supervisor once told me that most foods taste good hot, but the test is if they taste just as good cold.

Which is why I tried the pie cold too.

The crust is super buttery, so heated up is the way to go.

I hope to try their mini coconut pie next time I'm home...I'll be back.

Hawaiian Pie Company
508 Waiakamilo Road
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone:808.988.7828
Open: Tuesday-Friday 7:00-16:00, Saturday 9:00-16:00 (or sooner if sold out

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so can't wait to move to Hawaii. Will be there in November looking for flats.

Rowena said...

yum, yum, yummy!!!

jalna said...

I think Mich would like your papaya.

K and S said...

hope you will be able to find a reasonably price place to live, Anon, some can be quite expensive.

indeed Rowena!

the papaya was good too Jalna :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

Actually that's really true about coffee......room temp really brings out all the nuances. Not sure if that's true about everything though Kat.

K and S said...

it was K!

yeah I guess that wouldn't be true for curry or ramen, Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat