Friday, July 22, 2016

foodie tuesday in kaimuki

the floater (roasted turkey, apple, brie & pickled onions) & ginger cooler with @debinhawaii . always fun to catch up with her❤︎  #sproutsandwichshop #kaimuki #hawaii #latergram These days there are so many eateries in Kaimuki.

I have quite a bit bookmarked and have been trying to check them out whenever I'm in Hawaii.

Tuesday, I was able to meet up with Deb of Kahakai Kitchen.

For lunch, we checked out Sprout Sandwich Shop.

This shop has 3 counter seats and two tables.

Most people take out and lots stand on the sidewalk out front to wait for their order.

Deb tried their Big Kah-tuna (tuna salad, havarti cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers and sprouts).

Deb isn't a big fan of sprouts but forgot to tell them to switch it out, her sandwich was a bit messy too.

She also had their homemade Limeade.

I ordered the Floater (roasted turkey, apple slices, brie, lettuce, pickled red onion)...loved this sandwich especially with the pickled onion in it.

I also had their ginger cooler (ginger, lemon, lime and some cayenne)...boy that had a kick!

stracciatella and balsamic strawberry gelato for @debinhawaii and fierce affogato for me @viagelatohawaii . thanks for treating me Deb! #viagelato #hawaii #kaimuki #latergram After lunch, we went for dessert at Via Gelato.

Since the weather was hot and a little humid, this really hit the spot.

Deb had their olive oil, balsamic strawberry and stracciatella.

Deb treated me to their affogato with fierce chocolate gelato...so good! (Thank you!)

@debinhawaii spoiling me with lots of homemade concoctions, chocolate, chips & books❤︎thank you for today! She also gave me so many goodies...homemade syrup & jam, as well as some new foodie books and other snacks to try.

I appreciate that she was able to take some time out of her busy schedule to meet up.

It was nice catching up with her.

Thanks for a great day, Deb!

Sprout Sandwich Shop
1154 Kokohead Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: n/a
Open everyday 10:00-14:30

8 comments:

jalna said...

Me and my sister Geri ate there awhile back. We really liked it . . . but, yah, we did get all messy.

K and S said...

I hope to try some of their other sandwiches, Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Man, I gotta get back home and to my old 'hood Kat!

K and S said...

Hope you get a chance to check out some of these places Kirk!

Take care!
Kat

K said...

Your sandwich sounds delicious!

K and S said...

it was delicious K!

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Thanks for hanging out with me Kat and for my lovely goodies too! It's always a pleasure to get to see you! ;-)

K and S said...

same here Deb :) see you next summer!

Take care.
Kat