Sunday, January 19, 2020

daisaku

I love the local cable channel because they have a show that shares info on restaurants and events in our area.

One restaurant that was featured was Daisaku.

A tiny udon shop that opened in 2017 apparently the owner studied under a well known (but unfamiliar to me) shop in Kanagawa.

I ordered the hiyashi tomato udon.

A cold dish served with lots of tomato sauce, shiso, green onions and a little eggplant and some tsuyu (udon sauce).

The dish is also served with two pieces of toriten (fried chicken).

I liked that you could squeeze some lemon and you could also add some chili flakes.

Satoshi ordered the Daisaku udon which came with a fried tofu filled with mochi, shrimp tempura, kamaboko, ume, shiso and I'm not sure what else because Satoshi ate it so fast! and drank all the soup!

We'll be back to try the other items on their menu.

Daisaku
1-18-7 Kamata
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 050.1185.2015
Closed Wednesdays
Hours: 11:30-14:00 (lunch), 17:30-21:00 (dinner)

6 comments:

jalna said...

Drinking all the soup is proof to me of how good it was!

Anonymous said...

Satoshi's udon sound really good. I remember Chunky's Drive In by the old stadium used to have chikara udon. Udon with mochi. What I would give to be young again and can eat anything and not get fat.
V

K and S said...

Jalna, except that he's not supposed to drink all the soup...he's supposed to watch his salt intake....

V, udon with mochi...I guess that's like the kansai way by eating noodles with rice too :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

that daisaku udon must've been undon-believably awesome (or Satoshi was famished).

KirkK said...

That looks good Kat!

K and S said...

he really enjoyed it Rowena!

it was Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat