Tuesday, January 28, 2020

tamago onigiri

Not really a recipe but this is a really easy idea from the "Kenmin Show".

On the island of Amamioshima, they make these tamago onigiri to take with them for lunch.

The original version is just rice, salt and egg.

I think the original is kind of plain because they eat these with other okazu (dishes).

I made these for breakfast so I added some okaka konbu (seasoned bonito with kelp)

For one tamago onigiri
1 egg
a little milk
a little olive oil

cooked rice about 120 grams

your favorite condiment

On medium heat, put a little olive oil into a non-stick pan
Beat one egg with a little milk
Pour the beaten egg into the pan and swirl to make a thin "crepe"
Turn heat to low and cook thoroughly
On a piece of plastic, place the cooked egg "crepe"
Put the rice onto crepe
Add your condiment
Pull up the edges of the plastic wrap and mold into a ball
NOTES: super easy and tasty...will definitely make this again

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I bet if you julienne spam really thin and add that to the rice with some minced takuan....
V

Rowena said...

if I were to look at that photo without reading, I'd have guessed that you had beaucoup black truffle bits in there!

jalna said...

I like V's idea!

KirkK said...

I've actually done something similar Kat. I use furikake in the egg and use Best Foods instead of milk. Looks good!

K said...

Looks tasty and filling!

K and S said...

V....hmmm!

Rowena, now that you mention it, it does look like truffle!

will try Jalna after I buy a can of spam!

sounds ono Kirk!

Thanks K, it was delicious!

Take care everyone.
Kat