Friday, July 22, 2022

small kine hiatus

Am in Hawaii to try to save my expired driver's license.

Thankful Hawaii's Governor extended the grace period (several times over the past year or so) to renew.

And I'm glad I made an appointment for my license BEFORE booking my flights because the earliest appointment I could get for my license was the last week of July.

Putting this trip together has kind of been a new experience for me, lots of unknown territory mainly because I didn't know where to look for info.

One of the hardest things to figure out was how to book myself a PCR test 72 hours before I return to Japan while also freaking out at how expensive it is!

The second would be the app that Japan wants us to use when we return from abroad…

Thankful BFF & Aunty M are letting me into their "bubbles"...

Hopefully the next time I come to Hawaii, I’ll be able to drive, catch up with friends, Satoshi will be able to come along and this whole pandemic thing will be over.

Crossing fingers (and toes) that everything goes smoothly and safely, especially with this krazy variant…

Talk to you in a couple of weeks...be well everyone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! you made it! Hope the renewal goes well too.
Stay safe!
v

KirkK said...

Hope all goes well Kat! Glad you were able to make it home!

Rowena said...

sounds like an adventure already with what you had to go through just to get yourelf there! good luck, keep safe, and hope you'll get everything done that you need to.

jalna said...

Safe travels!

Teri K said...

Welcome home. I'm sure your driver's license renewal will go okay. I know someone who went back to Japan to renew his license there. It must've been such an experience making your travel arrangements. Enjoy your time here.

Saburo said...

Is the app Nihongo only? I have a friend visiting from Tokyo this week. Speaking OK, reading/writing, not so much. I'm concerned that he'll have issues trying to get back to Japan in a few weeks...

K said...

Safe travels, I hope you're able to get everything done!