Sunday, January 06, 2008

furikake

Last year, I posted about making your own furikake. Well, I made this one last year also, but never got around to posting about it.

Here is another easy recipe by Hideo Makuuchi.

Wakame to Almond furikake (kelp and almond furikake) translated from "Furikake 101"
70g fresh wakame (kelp)
10g diced almonds
5g sakura ebi (sergia lucens)
3g katsuo bushi (flaked bonito)
2 teaspoons shoyu (soy sauce)
2 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
a little salt

Cut wakame up into bite sized pieces.
On low heat, put the wakame in and roast.
When it is halfway dried, add the shrimp, almonds and katsuo bushi and roast some more.
Add the shoyu, mirin and salt and roast until completely dry.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Yakyuu Shonen said...

This recipe sounds rather tasty. I like furikake, but I don't think I'd have any with almonds. Seems like this particular recipe would make a tasty mix.

K and S said...

I hope you can try this Yakyuushonen, it is really easy!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - Almonds in furikake, that sounds so interesting. Nice recipe, I would never have thought to try and make my own, but now you've inspired me!

K and S said...

I hope you give it a try, Kirkk! Most of the furikake recipes I've posted are really simple.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Like Kirk, it had never occurred to me that I could make my own furikake (and somehow I missed that you had posted several variations just last month). My son's favorite food--the thing we can get him to eat when he turns up his nose at everything else--is furikake over rice. I'm going to give it a shot...

K and S said...

I hope you do give it a try, Alan. It is easy, you know what you're putting into it and it is delicious :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I made this tonight and the second try turned out really well. (I carelessly burnt the first batch.) The main substitution I made was dried wakame instead of fresh. I just reconstituted it before roasting and it tastes great. Thanks for the recipe!

K and S said...

I'm glad you like it Alan! Good move with the reconstituted wakame :)

Take care.
Kat