Friday, March 06, 2009

re-do

Earlier this week, I made the "apple pecan muffin" from Ellie Krieger's book, "The Food You Crave".

This was the second time making the muffins, this time around I used my grater to make some applesauce. I also added some yogurt in place of the buttermilk. The results...a really moist muffin. The top of the muffin even had a sheen to it.

You can kinda tell how moist it is from this photo. Oh, and I also added a handful of cacao nibs and some ground flax seed.

Delicious!

7 comments:

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - They look really moist!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirkk, I was happy with the results.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat,
How much flax seed would you add in for a muffin recipe that yields around a dozen?

K and S said...

Hi Lori,
The original recipe calls for whole wheat flour, but I didn't have any, so I added about a tablespoon of ground flax seed. I guess you could try 2 tablespoons, but make sure the flax is ground, I heard that your body cannot absorb the flax if it isn't.

Hope it works out for you.
Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I have been craving muffins and these look so good and so moist. Love that you added the flax seeds!

K and S said...

Thanks Deb, these are really easy to put together, I hope you try them. Be sure to add ground flax seed if you choose to add flax.

Take care.
Kat