Saturday, March 21, 2009

wanted!

I am not sure if I ever told you, but I wish I had a camera built into my eye.

If I had one in my eye, I could've shown you the guy on the train digging his nose and then eating what he dug...okay, maybe you wouldn't want to see that, but there are some pretty outrageous things that I witness on public transportation.

Like the women who insist on putting their faces on while riding the train. Can you believe that some use 4 different mascaras? (When they do it while you are facing them, you tend to take notice.)

I could've shown you the guy smoking then throwing his cigarette into the stream and the other who threw his into the sewage drain.

Or the people who drink canned drinks on the train and leave them under their seat for others to clean up after them.

I could've shown you the 980 yen (about US$9.80) price tag for 1 nub of wasabi (Japanese horseradish) at the market.

I could've shown you this bird taking the very tiny, but very ripe strawberry from my planter. This bird was quick and smart.

It sat on the edge of the planter, looked at me looking at it and took the strawberry.

It went up to the roof of the house across from our lanai to eat it. While I ran to get my camera, he came back to check out the planter again.

Then went onto the roof once more to wait until I left the window, I took its photo while it was waiting on the roof...I have a feeling it was a bulbul, but I can't be too certain.

The tulips on my lanai have started to bloom, so fast and so pretty!

16 comments:

Jenster said...

Thanks for not showing us the nose-picker! :-0

I'm always amazed by what I see people doing in public, and I wonder, if they are like this in public, what are they like in private?

K and S said...

Jenster, I really want to see the homes of people who litter.

Take care.
kat

OkiHwn said...

A little while back there was athing on the news about a camera or at least its small lense mounted on a eyeglass frame. I actually thought of buying it. You see something and you just click the box in your pocket.

HanamiGallery said...

yeahhhh...i dont want to see the nose picker. yarg i really dislike people who litter. i always want to find out who did it and return the litter to their doorsteps....pretty tulips~ i enjoy those types of pictures~ heh

Barbara said...

LOL Kat.

Beautiful red tulips.

Anonymous said...

There are birds like that at my mom's house. When I was young, they used to sit up on the rock wall then fly down and take food from our dog's bowl!

KirkK said...

Ick....I'd rather not think about the nose picker...but I still remember the guy sleeping on the train! ;o)

K and S said...

Cool gadget, Nate!

Thanks Hanami :)

Glad to make you smile and laugh Barbara :)

Wow Lori, dog food, I guess they will eat just about anything!

There are a lot sleepers on the trains Kirkk :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

Jann said...

I think I will continue to picture the lovely flowers rather than what that bird was eating~Spring is in the air!

K and S said...

Thanks Jann :)

Take care.
Kat

tofugirl said...

I am also glad that we did not have to see the nosepicker too! But we have people who leave half-full cups of coffee on the subway, which get kicked over...unbelievable, how inconsiderate people can be.

K and S said...

Inconsiderate? Selfish, only thinking of themselves? Not sure which Tofugirl.

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I love your tulips--they look so bright and spring-like. They are one of my favorite flowers.

K and S said...

Thanks Deb they are one of my favorites too :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Your tulips have bloomed already?? Mine are still at the leave stage, about 3-4 inches out of the ground. I think we probably won't do strawberries this year....the Mister...he'll just eat them all.

K and S said...

Rowena,
The temps went up to 20C (68F) the other day, though it will go back down this week. Yeah, you probably will be better off without temptation for MB, until he is trained :)

Take care.
Kat