Saturday, February 04, 2012

whiz...brr

We had a mini snow storm the other afternoon. Nothing that stayed on the ground for too long, but it was fun to see (from my seat on the sofa).

It is still a bit too cold for smoothies, but since Satoshi was off on business, I made this one for my breakfast the other morning.

I've been seeing blueberries from Chile in the markets lately, and the local strawberries are in the markets too.

Here's what I put in it...10 blueberries, 5 strawberries, 1 small banana, 1/2 teaspoon ground flax seed, 4 tablespoons plain yogurt and 1/4 cup skim milk...whizzed together, even though it looks like only a cup worth, it was a little over, a very simple and delicious breakfast.

9 comments:

Rowena said...

You too with the chilean blueberries?! We got a couple of containers and I didn't even realize the origin until we got home. Strawberries are coming in from Spain, asparagus from Peru...hard to stick with the "eat seasonal" plan at this time of year, but they were too pretty to resist.

K and S said...

Rowena, so true about eating seasonally, when these colors were shouting out to me at the market!

Take care.
Kat

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, yeah, this looks so yummy! I'm loving that we're finding some decent berries in the market...

jalna said...

What a great breakfast!

K and S said...

in winter, we definitely need color, Lizzy :)

thanks Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I love a good smoothie. I buy the frozen organic blueberries at Costco to toss in and cover up the spinach I sneak in. ;-)

K and S said...

have been seeing those green smoothies, Deb, will need to be braver to try them :p

take care.
Kat

K said...

Looks great! I love my morning smoothies :o)

K and S said...

when the weather gets a little warmer, I think I'll make these more often K :)

Take care.
Kat