Saturday, December 08, 2007

Dhanggit...memed again

Dhanggit, of Dhanggit's Kitchen tagged me for a meme. I love memes they are so thought provoking....here goes.

What were you cooking/baking 10 years ago?
I wasn't or does burning things count??---I was actually buying pre-made foods, going out to eat and enjoying the luxury of having a mom to cook for me.

What were you cooking/baking 1 year ago?
Okara potato salad

5 snacks that you like
1. Chocolate (dark please)
2. Popcorn with arare (rice crackers)
3. Almonds, cashews
4. Scones, muffins
5. anything crunchy, salty and sweet

5 recipes you know by heart
1. Dashimaki tamagoyaki (omlette made with Japanese stock)
2. Layered taco dip
3. Carrot salad
4. the rest I use the cookbooks for the measurements

5 culinary luxuries you would indulge in if you were a millionaire.
1. Get a bigger kitchen with an island in the middle, lots of counter space to put a Kitchen Aid, espresso machine and other large gadgets onto, plus two ovens for baking.
2. Have a wine cellar filled with all kinds of wines and champagnes.
3. I would travel to different countries to take cooking/baking classes.
4. Hire someone to do the cooking at least on the weekends.
5. Get a plot of land to grow some flowers, herbs and veggies.

5 foods you love to cook/bake
1. scones
2. muffins/cupcakes
3. cakes, breads
4. bulgogi
5. trying new recipes

5 foods you cannot eat/will not eat
1. natto (fermented soy beans)--too stinky
2. mentaiko/tarako (salted pollack eggs with chili/salted pollack eggs)
3. uni (sea urchin)
4. reconstituted shiitake mushrooms
5. fish with lots of tiny bones--too much work to eat

5 favorite culinary toys
1. food processor
2. If I had more counter and storage space, I'm sure I would be able to add more to the list

5 dishes on your last meal
1. Mom's sweet sour shrimp
2. Mom's baked beans
3. Kua Aina's (in Haleiwa) avocado bacon sandwich
4. Something mexican with sour cream and guacamole
5. The slow and low ribs from Le Bistro on Oahu

5 happy food memories
1. the first dinner I had with Satoshi on our first date
2. dinners with my family on Sundays in Hawaii
3. get-togethers with my host-family
4. lunches and coffees with my friends
5. the first time I baked bread

I think this meme has made its way around the blogosphere, so if you'd like to answer these questions, consider yourself tagged!

Thanks Dhanggit!

8 comments:

lina said...

hi! first time here but I've finished reading up to Oct posts and so far loving every single post & photos!

K and S said...

Wow! you read fast, Lina! Glad you are enjoying this blog. I'm definitely having fun blogging.

Take care.
Kat

SteamyKitchen said...

avocado bacon sandwich!!! i want that for lunch tomorrow!

K and S said...

Hope you get one Jaden!

Take care.
Kat

Unknown said...

im glad you had fun doing this meme..i think i forgot to mention too on things i cannot eat..im scared of uni too and reconstituted shiitake LOL :-) by the way hope you will do a post on bulgogi and shogayaki..i love those dishes but i never succeed in making them correctly..:-) i'll be back to continue reading other posts my baby is crying heheheh

K and S said...

Thanks Capalongas! Actually, I've done several posts on bulgogi and shogayaki. Hope you get a chance to check them out.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi, I loved this meme so I hope it's OK if I post it on my blog. Great blogsite by the way, I really enjoy reading your entries as I'm a huge fan of Japanese food.

-Anne Marit

K and S said...

Sure Amvn and thanks!

Take care.
Kat