Friday, April 24, 2015

election

I've ranted before about the election system here in Japan.

Well, they are at it again...

A couple of weeks ago was the election for Minoo city (where we live), their city council or something.

This week it is an election for Ikeda city, their city council or something.

We just happen to live on the border of both cities so it has been "noisy" with all the campaigning using their loud speakers.

Ikeda has 30-something candidates, so each one has a loud speaker car trolling for votes from 8:00 to 20:00 (even on weekends!)...thank goodness their election is this coming Sunday.

Try not to be walking on the roadway when they pass or they will call out to you (over their loud speaker)...talk about embarrassing!

I still wish they would combine their elections...this staggered system is crazy and I am pretty sure a waste of tax payer monies.

The sun is back...Have a nice weekend everyone!

6 comments:

K said...

I remember hearing those sometimes when I've been visiting- so loud!

jalna said...

OMG Kat, even on peaceful Sado Island there were some campaigners on their loudspeakers incessantly talking, talking, talking . . . forever and ever and ever. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I just wondered when it would stop. I kept thinking that I wouldn't vote for the long-winded ones. It seemed so bizarre.

KirkK said...

I hope you get some peace and quiet soon Kat.

K and S said...

so irritating K!

gosh even on Sado, Jalna, crazy!

finally got some quiet Kirk:)

Take care everyone!
Kat

Rowena said...

when has any government made really good use of taxpayers bucks? they spend as if money grows on trees...

K and S said...

totally agree Rowena! if they had to pay for everything with their own money, they would definitely spend wisely!

Take care:)
Kat