Wednesday, April 27, 2016

foodie sunday in minoo

Sunday started out with breakfast at a new cafe, Ii ichinichi no cafe (literally good day cafe).

Satoshi and I both ordered their "itsumono" (the usual)...580 yen (tax included) each.

We both agreed that their refrigerated hard boiled eggs should've been warmed up...

I added a cafe latte, so my meal was 180 yen more.

I loved the quiet atmosphere and free wifi.

After breakfast, we walked halfway into Minoo Quasi-National Park and then turned around and walked to Minoh Beer...

They recently opened the Minoh Beer Warehouse.

Their original location is now only used as their brewery.

Satoshi went with a half pint of Pilsner and half pint of Osaru IPA.

I went with a half pint of their mugicha bitter (barley tea bitter), the tea was undetectable.

Bummer that they don't have a beer tasting menu...

We also tried some of their food items...hot dog (nice snap) with curried cabbage, lots of mustard, ketchup & relish...their beer battered karaage (fried chicken) good with the squeeze of lemon and their fries (could've been crispier).

They also have other items like pizza and curry and other types of pupus (appetizers).

We'll be back to both places.

Ii ichinichi no Cafe
6-4-17 Minoo
Minoo, Osaka
Phone: 072.723.1133
Hours: 7:00-22:00 daily

Minoh Beer Warehouse
3-14-18 Makiochi
Minoo, Osaka
Phone: 072.725.7234
Hours: 11:00-21:00
Closed Thursdays

7 comments:

Rowena said...

I googled Minoo Quasi-National Park because I couldn't understand why you would walk just halfway into it only to turn around for the beer. If it's this place [http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/facilities/cat7/post_313.html] then I gotta say it's gorgeous!

K and S said...

If I remember correctly Rowena, it is 3.8 km to the falls from the train station, for the most part, it is a slight upward hill, depending on our mood, we usually go halfway then turn around :) I think your "kids" would love this walk.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

the kids would go nuts! putting this park on my travel wishlist

KirkK said...

I had to look up Quasi-National Park because I found the term to be kind of odd Kat...

K and S said...

we can go together, Rowena :)

when I first encountered this word it was odd to me too Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

Yum, looks good!

K and S said...

it was K!

Take care.
Kat