The other day, as I waited for typhoon #16 (they don't give them names in Japan), to pass. I made half a batch of energy bars.
This was a new recipe that I was trying and the photo of the finished product was WAY different from what mine looked like.
The most depressing part was that when I tried to cut it after cooling, it just poof fell apart...dust!
Instead of throwing it out, I scooped everything into a container and "dusted" our oatmeal with it.
I'm thinking I will use it on yogurt too.
Reasons why I think this recipe may have failed...a)I over-blitzed everything in the food processor, b) there wasn't enough "glue" (honey) to hold everything together, c) the baking time (2 or 3 minutes) might have been a typo, d)all of the above...
Debating as to whether to try this again...will decide after the long weekend.
Since today is a national holiday, Autumn Equinox, we're off to Shikoku.
Talk to you when I get back!