Monday, April 04, 2022

sakura walk

Saturday, Satoshi had an online thingy with some tour guide friends, so I went to Umeyashiki to pick up our lunch.

Been watching this house because it has a huge sakura tree in their garden!

I’m glad I got to see it bloom.

The bakery I planned to pick up lunch from was not open, and the sign said they would be closed for awhile...hope the owners are okay...

So, I went a little further to Sakaeya Bakery.

Nearby is a park which we saw wisteria at last year.

Too early for wisteria, but, they had lots of sakura.

I hadn't realized that this park is called Former Nomigawa Green Space Park.
The park is at least a mile long (I think)
Loved the look of this house especially with all the plants.
Caught this one waiting for someone to let him in.
Crossing the tracks you could see some sakura...
This is the current Nomigawa.
Then after eating lunch, Satoshi and I went towards Tamagawa.

This is the view from the Tamagawadai Park.
Next door is the Tamagawa Sengen Shrine.

Cannot touch all the power stones now...pandemic protected.
View from the Shrine.
Tamagawa had tons of people.

Little uncomfortable for me to see these crowds.

But, you should’ve seen all the food & booze! was kind of like pre-pandemic…

27055...short video here.

ps this may the last sakura walk for the year, it rained all day Sunday and is forecast to rain all day today (Monday) too.

Hoping next year we all can travel.

4 comments:

jalna said...

So pretty!!

Anonymous said...

so beautiful!
I wonder how Ueno park was, if too crazy to go on weekends. Seems like all the parks and streets you're posting are so much nicer, even with the crowds.

Sigh. Wishing and hoping I can go. Probably not until next year.

KirkK said...

So lovely Kat! Thanks for sharing.

K and S said...

It really was Jalna :)

V, Ueno Park had the area blocked so that you can only walk in one direction. no picnic-ing allowed.

Kirk, glad you enjoyed this.

Take care everyone.
kat