Sunday, February 25, 2007

french teas

I'm not sure what draws me to French things...maybe I was French in another life?

Anyway, I was very pleased to come upon this blog, Paris Breakfasts, a beautiful blog with lots of watercolor painting by the author, Carol, and lots of beautiful photos of Paris and everything French. She has a "Things I Love" list on her sidebar, which gives me insight to books and some food items.

One of the food items, Kusmi Tea, caught my eye. I had seen this tea in Dean & Deluca when I visited Tokyo last year and on my host-sister, Tomoko's website. Kusmi Tea or Kousmichoff Tea originated in 1867 in St. Petersburg, Russia. The Kousmichoff family fled to France when the Bolshevic Revolution took place and have continued to blend their teas ever since. The Russian blend canisters are pre-Bolshevic designs and very pretty.

I bought two teas from the Russian Blends line in Caramel and Spicy Chocolate and can't wait to try them.

Another item, which was on one of Carol's posts was Hediard tea. These little red cans are eye-catching. I got the Melange Hediard--a blend of Chinese tea with bergamot, lemon and sweet orange oils. This one sounds delicious too.

Carol listed most of these items from Amazon.com, but since they won't deliver these items to Hawaii, I went to Amazon's source, Cybercucina. Although shipping was pretty expensive, I still think it was a good buy.

14 comments:

Brilynn said...

I love discovering new things!

Helene said...

I heard about the first 2 but never tasted them. I grew up on Hediard teas (among others) and I hope you won't be disappointed. I remember my mom and grandmother collecting their cans and displaying them on the top of the fridge.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Paris Breakfasts great! These teas are all so wonderful!!!

K and S said...

I do too, Brilynn!

Thanks for your advice, Helene.

Yes, Paris Breakfasts is wonderful, Ivonne!

Take care everyone!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Yep, love these teas!

K and S said...

I'm glad you love them Bea! I hope I enjoy them as much as you do.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Caramel and Spicy Chocolate both sound heavenly. I really should get into more tea drinking!

RYC: What a cool idea to make my own goat's cheese. Not that I would know even where to begin, but goat cheese is one of my all-time favorites!

K and S said...

I would love to see you make your own cheese, Rowena!

I've only been into tea since moving to Japan, it is kind of addicting :)

Take care.
Kat

Barbara said...

Aren't those watercolours a delight.

K and S said...

They always bring a smile, Barbara!
Glad to hear you are home.
Take care.

Kat

Pille said...

I've been coveting those Kusmi teas for a while, too - they're rather luscious, I think:)

K and S said...

Ooh, your comment has intrigued me even more...now I can't wait to try them, Pille!

Take care.
Kat

Parisbreakfasts said...

Thank you Kat!
How nice :)
Kusmi is just down the street from my hotel in Paris and I'll make it a point to get a story on them!
Merci

K and S said...

That would be so nice, Carol!

Take care and have fun!
Kat