Thursday, February 15, 2007

happy v-day

Happy V-day everyone!

Today we had lunch at a Japanese restaurant called Shokudo. Shokudo means "dining room" in Japanese. This restaurant actually combines different cuisines like Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Italian together.

We had their tofu (soy bean curd) salad. My mom says that they make their own tofu. It was dressed with fried won ton strips and nori (seaweed) and came with a goma (sesame seed) dressing for the tofu and a shoyu (soy sauce) based dressing for the greens.

Ishiyaki (stone cooked) garlic shrimp. This is kind of like America's version of shrimp scampi only served in a heated stone bowl. It was a bit oily, but still delicious.

The rainbow roll. Sushi filled with crab, avocado and lettuce then topped with different sashimi (sliced raw fish)

And garlic pork riblet. A panko (bread crumb) mixture with sliced chilies and garlic covered these riblets. Delicious. (there was also grilled herb chicken, but I forgot to photograph it!)

And to end our meal we headed to Ben & Jerry's at the Ward Center. I had their NY Super Fudge Chunk-chocolate ice cream with white and dark fudge chunks, pecan, walnuts and fudge covered almonds.

Although, I wasn't able to spend V-day with Satoshi, I was happy to be able to spend it with my family.

Hope you all have a great V-day.

Shokudo
1585 Kapiolani Blvd, Suite 814
Phone: 808.941.3701

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
Ward Center
Phone: 808.593.7090---CLOSED as of 7/2009.

7 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

Happy V-Day to you too, Kat! Just love your foodie adventures. Have Fun!

Steffi said...

I hope you had a nice Valentines Day! The food in the japanese restaurant looks very good!!I like it too.

Bye,Steffi

Steffi said...

I forgot to tell you that your blog is very nice,beautiful pictures!

Steffi

Anonymous said...

Very nice Kat! I hope you had a good time, which by the look of it, seems the case!

K and S said...

Thanks Laura, Steffi & Bea, we had a nice day!

Thanks for stopping by.
Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

They have the best shiso fries.

K and S said...

I'll have to remember that the next time I go there Shortearl!

Take care.
Kat