Rowena of Rubbah Slippahs in Italy, tagged me for a meme of sorts.
Here are the rules:
1. Post 10 of your own favorite food shots.
2. Pass the opportunity on to others by leaving a message on their comments page just so they’re aware of it.
Man, choosing 10 photos out of the thousands that I have was tough, so I decided to choose dishes that I have cooked myself, not pre-bought stuff or eaten out. Be warned, you may drool...
10. Furikake fried rice--this dish was made with homemade furikake.
9. Sweet potato gnocchi--the hardest part was straining the sweet potato.
8. Sparerib gravy over rice--need I say more?
7. Szechuan pepper & salt shrimp--this dish is great for pupus (appetizers) or a quick dinner.
6.Tan tan men--this recipe was intense but really worth the effort.
5.Kitsune udon--seasoning the aburage ahead of time makes for easy lunches.
4.Tori no sappari ni--lightly simmer chicken--this photo was so "ono" that Onitsuka Tiger used it in a mosaic for their website.
3.Bulgogi--another easy yet delicious recipe. I've made this over 10 times already!
2.Bulgogi burgers with bi bim bap sauce--I love the combination of spicy sauce and sweet bulgogi. A very tasty lunch.
1.Rafute--this dish uses awamori(Okinawa's alcohol), just let everything simmer on the stove for at least 2 hours to get everything tender.
Have I made you all hungry? I hope you have a chance to try some of these recipes.
I'd like to tag these people:
Paz--Cooking Adventures with Chef Paz
and if I didn't tag you but you would like to participate, consider yourself tagged!