Sunday, March 08, 2009

ugly but delicious

I recently was going through my freezer and found some puff pastry sheets and some really old portuguese sausage (yipes!).

The puff pastry sheets here are quite small only about 10" long by about 6" wide.

On one day for tea, I used a sheet to make these pain au chocolat....from the 4, most of the chocolate oozed out.

And on yet another day for tea, I thawed another sheet out and made palmiers. I got 9 palmiers out of that one sheet.

These treats were ugly but delicious.

11 comments:

islegrl said...

It's amazing what people find lurking in their freezer. Hehe... :P

HanamiGallery said...

i think the palmiers look delicious! the chocolate does kinda look...weird...oozing out, but i bet they taste great! i could probably just eat the puff pastry and be happy!

K and S said...

yeah, I agree Islegrl :)

thanks Hanami :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Jenster said...

At first I thought the chocolate puff patries were pigs in blankets (weiners wrapped in crescent roll dough)! I'm glad they were delicious.

When I bake I usually end up eating the "mistakes."

K and S said...

ooh pigs in a blanket, haven't had those in awhile, Jenster :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

They look like they were yummy. When something isn't "perfect" I like to call it "rustic" rather than ugly. ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks, I will have to remember that the next time, Deb :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

That top picture is funny, but sounds delicious!

K and S said...

I told you they were ugly Lori :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kat, they are not ugly at all! In fact they looked very fancy. i like them! ^^

K and S said...

Aw thanks Asian Food :)

Take care.
Kat