Friday, February 27, 2015

sesame dressing

Recently tried a new recipe for sesame dressing. This one was easy to put together and doesn't make a lot, so it was also easy to use up.

I first used it on steamed broccoli.

The second time I used it, I wilted some cabbage and then used some of the dressing.

Sesame Dressing from "Everyday Salads" by Masaki Higuchi
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon kurozu (black vinegar)
1 tablespoon sesame paste (tahini)
1/2 tablespoon shoyu
1/2 tablespoon kuromitsu (black honey similar to molasses)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds

Place everything in a bowl and whisk.

NOTES: I didn't have black vinegar so I just used rice vinegar. Also, if you don't have kuromitsu, I think you could probably use honey. I added a little ground black pepper and threw everything into a jar and shook it up.

The author notes that you could also add cilantro, ginger, garlic and/or chives.

I like that this dressing isn't too sweet.

I'll be making this dressing again.

It's Friday! hope you have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

Oooh sounds really good!

jalna said...

Sounds oishiii!

K and S said...

Thanks Sheri & Jalna, if you try this I hope you like it:)

Take care you two!
Kat

K said...

Looks great!