Monday, February 09, 2015

over the weekend

shrimp avocado egg toast♡ @ city bakery...gotta try making this at home! #citybakery #grandfront #osaka #japan #breakfast #coffee #avocado Over the weekend, I turned another year older.

I had breakfast at City Bakery. Their shrimp avocado egg open sandwich. This was so good! I have to try to re-create this one.

IMG_0318 Since it was Satoshi's last day for his German class for the semester, we had a late lunch at Echi Ponte Vecchio.

Lunch started with a salad...lots of different veggies and topped with lots of proscuitto.

I had a glass of sparkling wine, while Satoshi had a glass of red (the wine portions are definitely better here!)

IMG_0319 I ordered their Winter Veggie Pizza. This was also topped with little dollops of their salami dip.

The dip gives the pizza a little salty zing. I loved all the different veggies on it, especially the brussels sprouts.

IMG_0320 Satoshi had their mushroom pizza.

All sorts of mushrooms and thin slices of proscuitto. Love the white sauce.

IMG_0321 To end espresso for me, a coffee for Satoshi and some of their truffles. They have bits of citrus peel in them which was nice with the rich chocolate.

IMG_0322 Since we had such a big lunch, dinner was simple..salad and dessert! (and a little wine)

We bought some sweets from La Pâtisserie des Rêves. I have been wanting to try them for awhile.

Especially their Paris-Brest (mini). Hazelnut creme filling, so good!

IMG_0323 Fraiser...simple and not too sweet. There were big pieces of strawberry in it which was nice.

I like their fluorescent pink "stoppers" these keep the cakes from sliding around in the box.

IMG_0325 If you did some shopping (or eating) at Lucua, bring your receipt of 1000 yen or more to the Lucua customer service counter and get a pretty rose....until Valentine's Day!

IMG_0334 Satoshi also gave me a bouquet of flowers. (thank you!)

I also received some ice cream cake from my host-sister, as well as emails, and lots of nice messages from friends and family on FB. (thank you!)

A rather low-key birthday. Just the way I like it.

We have a holiday on Wednesday making this week a short one. Hope you have a good week everyone.

9 comments:

KirkK said...

Happy Birthday Kat!

Kalin's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Kat! I love how Japan comes up with the little things like those "pink stoppers"! Mich

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk:)

Packaging here is not good for the landfills Mich, but really creative & cute:)

Take care you two!
Kat

Joanna said...

Happy Birthday Kat !

jalna said...

Happy belated, Kat!!

Rowena said...

happy birthdaaaaaaayy!

K and S said...

Thank you Joanna, Jalna & Rowena :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

K said...

Happy belated birthday!

K and S said...

Thank you K!

Take care.
Kat