Tuesday, October 20, 2009

eww!

The day I had to fly from Japan to Hawaii, I peeled this grapefruit for part of our breakfast.

I should have figured out something was fishy when I chopped off the top and there was a teeny hole next to the stem....eww!

If I had known this guy was in there (still alive too!), I wouldn't have bothered to peel the whole grapefruit.

Those yellowish-orangey specks looked like eggs or something...I guess you know they didn't use pesticides on this grapefruit (a good thing!) but ugh! what a thing to find inside.

12 comments:

Rick said...

Oh yuck!

Paz said...

EWWWWW!

But at lease, you saw the little guy and didn't eat him. ;-)

Paz

K and S said...

Rick...yup!

So true Paz!

Take care you two.
Kat

Debinhawaii said...

Bummer to find it and worse to find it after peeling but MUCH better than only finding half of it later! ;-)

Jenster said...

Reminds me of that joke:

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Finding half a worm in your apple.

Glad you didn't eat that extra piece of protein, Kat!

jalna said...

Aiyaaa, bummahs!

Su-Lin said...

Eeeeks! That would have sent me running and screaming from my kitchen!

Rowena... said...

Hahaha! I'm so glad that I ate hours ago. Might've lost my meal had I read this right after lunch!

K and S said...

ugh! if there were only half Debinhawaii and Jenster, you may have heard me scream!!

Thanks Jalna, Su-Lin!

I'm so glad you ate hours ago too, Rowena :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

tofugirl said...

The only thing worse than finding a bug in your food is finding half a bug!

Mary and Sean said...

super creepy... in time for Halloween. On that note, I found something similar on a burger at Freshness Burger in japan...it's too bad because I actually like that restaurant, only I feel like I can never go back there again.

K and S said...

so true Tofugirl!

eew, Mary, hope it wasn't too bad an experience.

Take care you two.
Kat